Thursday, March 4, 2010

Clouds!

This past week in Sacramento we have been experience a lot of rough weather. It is nearing spring and the Spring equinox yet, there is still a lot of rain. There were a lot Stratus clouds, which are dull and gray clouds. There were also nimbostratus clouds for most of the days where there was rain. The nimbosratus clouds are clouds that contain precipitation. My favorite type of clouds are cumulus clouds because they look soft and would be fun to touch. I think that cumulus clouds are the best clouds because when having a picnic they are they type of clouds that you can "see" pictures in.
Another type of weather that I have recently learned about in my geography class is fog. Before my class, I never knew why fog existed. I always thought of it as a stupid thing that makes it hard to drive in. Although, it is still this, I now understand why fog exists. Fog is formed when air temperature and the dew-point temperature at the ground is the same. My sister's fiance lives in Visalia and the drive there at certain times contains so much fog! I always get worried about her when she is going there or coming home. Fog is a dangerous thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment